Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Dirty Daddy Doggie

Jack and Drew's vocabulary increases every day. You can usually figure out what they are saying even though it might take a while. But sometimes I have no clue what they are talking about.

Take for instance the three words 'dirty' "daddy' and 'doggie'. "Daddy" which was one of their first words is pronounced 'Da -de' by Jack and 'Da-te' by Drew. Doggie which sometimes gets more play and exciting response is close 'Da-ge'. Now with our sand box/mud pit a new word is 'dirty' which is 'Duh-de' by Jack and 'Duh-te' by Drew.


Context helps but is not always that easy. Like if they are sitting in their eating chairs looking out the window. Are they looking at the sand box/mud pit in the backyard or did they someone walk a dog on the trail behind our fence?


If I am driving the van, are they asking for me or see a dog out the window?

I am very confused. Even more so when they use some 'twin language' word. For the life of me, I can't figure out how they understand each other's gibberish.


I wonder if dirty daddy dogs can?

1 comment:

Jane said...

Andy, this story made me smile. I remember when Jared was starting to talk. Neither of us could understand what he was saying and it was VERY frustrating. What was funny was that Ray (18 months older) understood EVERYthing he said and would interpret for us. All Jared had to do was point and grunt.
Have FUN!!!