1. Whichever previous owner thought, "wow wouldn't it be great to have a huge deck that covers the entire back of the house with intricate details and a lattice covering over half of it" never once thought about the fact that he/she would have to clean and stain that thing every 2-3 years.
2. This would a lot easier if I didn't have whatever I have (major cold/bronchitis/something).
3. I was worn out just from cleaning it on Saturday and after three partial days (M/T/W) of staining I still am not through.
4. I hope this stain last at least the 3 years the warranty says because it will take me 3 years to recover.
5. There is a reason why I have put this off for 6 months.
6. The greatest thing about having your 5 year old son help is that if it looks bad, I can always say "that's the part Luke did". (Just joking. He did fine and besides his attention span and work ethic only lasted one side of a planter box so I can't pass the buck anyway.)
7. It will be nice when this is done... I hope we still have some more days to enjoy it this fall.