Thursday, October 27, 2005

Three boys

Never really imagined having three sons. Much less all under the age of 4. Let me share a little bit about my sons and what I am trusting the Lord for them.

LUKE - Was born on June 29, 2002. Luke is 3 and I like to say 'acts his age'. He loves rocks, nature trails, cars, trains, Spiderman (though he really doesn't know what a supper hero is or does), books, jumping on stuff and just being outside. My verse for Luke would be Luke 5:10, 11. (After the miraculous catch) Jesus says... " 'Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men.' So they pulled their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him." My heart's desire is that Luke would one day radically and recklessly follow Jesus leaving everything behind. Right now, Luke is struggling with the reality that the world does not in fact revolve around him. It's a good reminder for me on how much I must frustrate the Father when I think and act similarly.

JACK - real name John Charles- was born on July 29, 2005. 1 Minute before his brother. Jack loves to smile. He is even smiling in this pic. We think he is going to be very social and outgoing. He always been at least 1 lb and 1/2 larger than Drew. My verse for him is 1 John 3:23 "And this is His command: to believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us." My prayer is that Jack would be characterized as someone who believes Jesus with simple faith and loves others.

DREW - real name is Andrew Bogan - was born on July 29, 2005. Bogan is a family name on my Dad's side. Bogan Mask was a Methodist minister in Georgia during the 1800's. The story goes that he and another man bought a slave to set her free. Drew seems to be the observant one. My verse for him is John 1:35-42. When hearing that Jesus is the Lamb of God, Andrew is one of two who follows Jesus and asks where Jesus is staying. Jesus says, "Come and you will see." So Andrew goes and stays with Jesus and the first thing he does afterwards is finds his brother and brings him to Jesus. My prayer is that Drew would follow Jesus and bring others to Him.

No comments: