Monday, September 25, 2006

Dependence in the Silence

Francine has a great blog devo post called Dependence in the Silence.

Here's an excerpt...

"Before I left for Italy I prayed that God would bring me to a whole new level of dependence on Him. I prayed that I would be stripped of everything that I’ve previously boasted of except for Christ.

"I think this is God’s crazy way of making me utterly dependent on Him. He is stripping me of a huge form of escape. I have no choice but to talk to Him. He has left me with no medium and no person. I’m surrounded by people who could help, who could make me feel better, who could swim me to shore - but I can’t open my mouth and make noise to issue the cry for help.

"So I sit here, silenced like Zechariah. I can’t do anything but cry out in my heart, 'Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever' (Psalm 73:25-26)."

Good stuff!

No comments: