Friday, December 05, 2008

Herbs and Spices

The University of Georgia (my Alma Mater and Robin's) did a study this fall that suggested herbs and spices are not only rich in antioxidants but also may inhibit tissue damage and inflammation caused by high blood sugar.  The study was published in the Journal of Medicinal Food.  

(I have to admit I have never heard of this Journal.   Not like say the New England Journal of Medicine - which of course is a Yankee-biased magazine and would never acknowledge the academic prowess of a State University in the South.)

Speaking of the South and herbs & spices....  I guess Colonel Sanders knew what he was doing. Turns out his original recipe is healthy after all or at least the 7 herbs & spices on the chicken counteracts the fried.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a dinner party for my girlfriends last night and for dessert I served poached pears with a cinnamon-ginger syrup. I didn't even realize I was doing something good for them. :)