Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sans Computer

We only have one computer at home - my laptop.  (Well we do have my mother's old mac desktop that she gave us too but the software is so old it doesn't work.)   So when I left last Saturday for a week-long conference, I decided to leave my laptop behind with Robin.   Hence the lack of blog posts.  Also no responses to email and no facebook updates.   I figured I was with those who most needed me and others could call if they didn't get an answer.   (I also don't have a gadget like a Blackberry to check email constantly.)

I thought I would have 500 emails in my in-box but actually its only 265.  Not bad.   And it was good not to be distracted.   It was actually a good social experience to be w/o a computer for a week.  Not that I am giving it up for lent.  (I guess if I was you wouldn't be reading this.)

The only really ironic thing is yesterday when I was talking with Robin is that she said she couldn't get the Internet the whole time I was gone.  Actually it was a simple solution I walked her through as a little boy had turned off the wireless connection.   But I guess the reason I left it - so she could check her email and facebook - was mute.  

At least the boys used it as a DVD player.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,

I'm happy to let you know that your name was drawn as one of the winners for the Dominion book giveaway on Randy Alcorn's blog.

If you could e-mail me at stephanie@epm.org with your mailing address and who you would like the book signed to, that would be great.

Blessings,
Stephanie Anderson
Promotions Director
Eternal Perspective Ministries
www.epm.org